Monday, January 26, 2009

Katy and I conducted an information session tonight for prospective students. With the approaching application deadline, we have been getting a lot of people, each with about a thousand questions.

Two weeks ago there was a guy who was a doctor in another country, and wanted to be a nurse here in the U.S. He kept telling me that since he was already a doctor, he should be exempt from all of the pre-requisites for nursing. Then he went on to ask if he could just take a test and become a nurse. When I answered "No" to both of his ridiculous questions, he disgustedly started explaining again why he thought he should be able to do this. I cut him off, and politely told him to make an appointment to see me if he wanted to discuss the differences between doctors and nurses, and exactly what he needed to do to become the latter. His attitude toward the profession and the process to get there was totally insulting; it took everything in my power not to call him an asshole and ask him to leave.

No comments: