Monday, October 13, 2008

I learned this weekend that when Cate says "Mah Dada pease", it's less of a question and more of a demand, and if Dora the Explorer isn't on the TV in under a minute, some serious shit is going to go down. I like to think that I would have hated this show when I was a toddler, but its interactive nature and comforting predictability would almost certainly have appealed to me.

After I finished The Handmaid's Tale, I had nothing to do but watch. My favorite was the episode in which Dora and Swiper team up to return friendship bracelets to the children of the world. It really showed that Swiper isn't a total asshole, and that sometimes we need to put aside our differences and do what is right, like when I let spiders live instead of kill them immediately.

No comments: