Monday, March 17, 2008

Justin and I went to Poitin Stil, our local, for a few St. Pats drinks. $3 Guinness pints and $3 Jameson shots spell danger for someone who has to get up at 4:45 am, but I was moderate in my consumption. I went home at 7 to look up my patient information to prepare for my second day at the hospital.

I am usually not a big fan of holidays that lend themselves to overconsumption, but I can stomach St. Patrick's Day just as long as I'm out on the actual 17th, and I'm in a place with a low choad count. If it happens to fall on a Friday or Saturday, great, but if it's on a Monday, I'm going to drink like it's a Monday, which most of the time means not at all.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who despises any celebration of St. Patty's Day that doesn't actually occur on Mar. 17. Though...that hate didn't prevent me for going out at 4pm on "Unofficial" this year. Beer trumps pride.