Saturday, March 8, 2008

I love spending time at my parents' house. LOVE IT. They built a new farm after I moved to the city, so I have never lived there. It makes it sort of a vacation house. I'm not sure if it's the silence or the fresh air, or moderate carbon monoxide levels, but I sleep better there than anywhere else. I was only planning on staying one night, but I ended up sticking around for two. I watched a lot of movies, my mom cooked awesome food, and I got to spend time with my sister and parents, which I need to do more often.

After a few experimental dishes, my mom figured out how to replicate some Applebee's chicken item involving tortilla chips, cheese, and lime. It was delicious, and better than anything you can get at Applebee's. I was also fascinated to learn that my parents have gotten into watching bull riding on weekends, and have become quite knowledgeable on the subject. Did you know that the bulls are like athletes, and get points for throwing the riders, and these point standings determine the top bulls and their earnings? I didn't.

It's also nice seeing Bug (dog) and Morgan (cat). They are friends. Bug is not evil, despite the glowing eyes. Morgan, on the other hand, is foul-tempered and cruel. I have no doubt that she would kill all of us if she could. My mom had to put brown paper on the lower windows because the barn cats come onto the porch and taunt Morgan's imprisonment, which causes her to shriek in her true demon voice.

No comments: