Monday, September 15, 2008

I generally don't reward people's pandering to be part of a blog entry, but Brendan has been pretty persistent in our last couple encounters. He told me that he tries to be extra photogenic and interesting when he's around a blogger. I told him he might get in if he has any interesting medical stories. Here he is reenacting the time that he developed a spontaneous pneumothorax, which basically means his lung collapsed without warning or discernible cause, as Beth feigns concern. I remember my clinical instructor telling us that this often occurs in tall, thin men as a result of a bleb (my favorite medical word) rupturing on the apex of a lung. Beth told me about her emergency gall bladder surgery, so she qualifies to be here as well. Are you happy now, jerks?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry for the late comment, but I have been floating high since finally realizing this dream. Glad that the sigmoidoscopy went well.