Thursday, May 29, 2008

I got this "Do No Harm" bumper sticker at the Common Cup in Rogers Park. It's from some social justice not-for-profit that I was too lazy to research. I'm not sure if nurses take the Hippocratic Oath, but so far I feel like I have kept the doing of harm to a minimum.

Kristie and I met a woman there today to discuss the possibility for doing our Community Health education project with a group of Burmese refugees that began attending her church. Our preliminary plan is to teach the children about germs and illness prevention.

On my refrigerator you will also notice Meador, The Happy Nurse Monster; crayon, ball point pen, sticker on printer paper, 2007. I like to think of it as a caricature, but Jane, Nick's daughter, insists that all of her art is based in Realism.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's your chance to check us out. ;o)
http://donoharm.us

do no harm

chuck