Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Diplomat Motel, my iO group, had rehearsal today at Sheil Park. I normally dread Sunday rehearsals, but we had a good time today. Our coach, Charlie, printed out a running order from a random sketch show he found online, and we had to improvise what that show would be. Pictured above, Andy, Tristan, and Young perform "Gold Blend #3" while Laura, Martin, and Timmy look on.

In anticipation of going back to school, I tried to prioritize my activities and figure out what I would drop first if I had to start cutting things. It makes me sad to say it, but improv was going to be the first to go. I have been doing it for a while now, and I still enjoy it and am challenged by it, but with rehearsals and shows, it can take up a lot of time.

In anticipation of Martin's wedding, Trupe's baby, my schooling, and various other teammate conflicts, we moved rehearsals to a couple days a month for longer chunks of time. For now, problem solved; I still get to perform with some amazing people and continue doing something I too often take for granted.

No comments: