Saturday, January 26, 2008

Friday nights are tough. After a long week of school, I fell asleep on the couch after pasta and thirty minutes of a movie, completely eliminating the possibility of completing the Christian Bale double feature of "Rescue Dawn" and "3:10 to Yuma" I had been dreaming about all day. Then my roommate Justin started receiving text messages informing us that we were about to be kidnapped and brought to an undisclosed bar for a covert karaoke mission.

At 10:45, I found myself at The Hidden Cove, halfway through beer 1 and "I Think We're Alone Now" (Tommy James, not Tiffany). Then came "Windy", followed by everyone's favorite isn't-it-ironic-and-funny-that-i'm-singing-it karaoke song, "Baby One More Time". Thanks to Carol, Kristin, Dylan, Nick, and Justin for a totally funexpected evening.

P.S. I do not know the horrible woman in the above picture. She was a random Duet Slut that kept going around asking guys to sing with her. When I turned her down, she gave me a patronizing double handed face slap, then jumped on stage anyway while I was singing and tried to commandeer my song. If you see this woman at your local karaoke bar, beware. She is a disgusting animal, and needs to be stopped.

4 comments:

Young said...

Meador, take off your coat and hat while singing Karaoke.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....chicken burgers.
That had to be the most entertaining ride home I have ever experienced.

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Young said. Hat, maybe; coat, never! Also, you look like you're pretty into that duet. Just saying.

Meador said...

It's not a coat! It's a fleece sweatshirt things, j-holes!