Saturday, January 19, 2008

Instead of doing schoolwork, I decided to finish Season 4 of The Wire. It is the best show ever to be on television, and if you disagree, I'll call you an idiot to your face. Was it worth the crippling feelings of guilt that I felt afterward for not being productive? Yes, but just barely.

And yes, that is your grandfather's wooden console TV. As much as I would love to have a 46" Samsung LCD (which I caress longingly every time I go to Best Buy), this old RCA has been a soldier and a friend.

3 comments:

Young said...

I hate that TV. It's an irrational hate, but I hate it. But don't buy a new one until you are out of school or that one dies.

Hank said...

Is that the same TV from the Pueblo? I could have sworn we burned that thing in an elaborate cleansing ceremony at the close of the school year. Then again, unbeknownst to you guys, I was doing a ton of heroin at the time, so I could be mistaken.

Unknown said...

Glad to see that part of your home is still clean!