Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Human Resources Department at Mt. Sinai had a recruitment lunch for us, and gave us cloth bags with a few Sinai-embossed tchotchkes. The heads of various hospital departments were there to tell us why we should work at Sinai when we are done with school. Based on my experiences there, I had already decided it would be a good place to work. If I hadn't, though, a roast beef sandwich and cookie might have convinced me.

I have never been in profession in which I was recruited. It was pretty cool.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roast beef sandwich and a cookie? How about some sweet tea with that? Check out the University of North Carolina Hospitals in Chapel Hill. The location is great - beaches and mountains 2 hours away. UNC is a teaching hospital and is affiliated with a really good graduate program, it's tertiary care and there is lots of research going on. You can get a great schedule (especially on 6 Bed Tower) and have time to play with some of the many Improv groups around here. Oh, and I have tchotchkes too.