Sunday, July 6, 2008

I have two tests tomorrow and a paper due, but Arnie still talked me into seeing Wanted with he and Sarah. A large part of his success was the voicemail he left me: "Meador. You've led an ordinary life up until this point, but I'm calling to tell you that you are really part of a secret society of assassins. It is up to you to decide whether to embrace this life or stay with the empty life you have. Your orientation film will be showing at the Evanston theater at 1:20." This picture was taken just before Sarah assassinated Arnie in the theater.

There is an internal clock somewhere in my brain that knows exactly how much time it will take to complete academic tasks. It allows me to participate in procrastinatory activities, but still know that everything will get done. Today my clock told me that I could see a dumb action movie and still be successful, so I listened.

No comments: