Saturday, February 23, 2008

Even though I should, I don't do much volunteer work. My friend Alex is the Director of Development at The Cove School in Northbrook, a school for Chicago area students with learning disabilities. She asked a few friends to work the auction room, so I decided to help out. Lots of fun until the silent auction concluded, then all hell broke loose. Somehow we managed to make sure that generous donors got their American Airlines vouchers and Devin Hester autographed jerseys.

I got to stare at a guitar signed by The Who directly in the face, and was relieved that I didn't have the money to purchase such an item. Seriously, imagine the responsibility of owning something that represents the finest aspects of rock and roll, and knowing that the only way to truly honor such an instrument is to crank a passionate windmill and smash it against a kitchen countertop.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

meador, i really appreciate you helping out. and also i appreciate you not slugging the heavy set woman who made you circle numbers on the winners board.