Monday, February 25, 2008

The manikins have interchangeable appendages and genitals. If you need something else, you just get it from the Bucket of Parts.

Our instructors added an extra day of lab testing so that we could get more practice and some one on one time with them to go over individual skills. It was set up in a testing format, and we had to pass each skill station. It was less pressure than a full patient scenario, and was ultimately very helpful. After today, I feel much better about the fact that I will be responsible for taking care of real people. As frightening as the manikins can be, live humans are infinitely more terrifying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, I wish I had interchangeable limbs (i'm good in the genitals area) cause I really could use a new right leg. Good luck on your test. You got this one Cheddar!!