Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tomorrow is our skills final, where we get a patient scenario and have to perform the appropriate skills to care for that patient. Today I spent open practice time working on injections, NG tubes, suctioning, and wound care. I felt pretty confident going in, but the little details I have forgotten along the way caused some anxiety. For some reason I have no trouble studying and remembering concrete knowledge, but procedural knowledge has always been more difficult. Maybe it's like that for everyone.

Colleen and Laura donned masks and gowns to work on isolation precautions, which I did not practice. How hard can it be, right? Just read about it and do it.

On second thought, I've never been good at tying things behind my back. And what side of the mask faces out? Tomorrow I may be a victim of my own nursing hubris.

1 comment:

the limit said...

Um, am I the only one to notice that some of your mates are quite attractive? I have never wanted to get hurt so badly in fifteen months, ever. Please invite me out, sometime...please.